The crowning Virgin and the 12 apostles is a round arch lancet from the beginning of the 12th century with a modern creation of edges and lost panels by Max Ingrand (1952-53). Several restorations took place since the creation of these stained glass windows (in 1900 by Steinheil and Gaudin, in 1955 by Max Ingrand studio, and in 1978 by Gruber studio.
Previous treatment: In 1974, practical tests with the Viacryl-Desmodur as consolidant were carried out in LRMH. The treatment of the grisaille on internal side of the panel, recommended by LRMH, was several applications (50% of Viacryl-Desmodur in ethyl acetate) with a capillary tube on weathered glass paint only. The overflowing of an excess of consolidant could be taken off with cotton soaked with ethyl acetate, before hardening: in this way the glass is cleaned at the same time, without damage for the paint.
Viacryl® was applied on external side as a coating and on internal side as a consolidant. Viacryl® was applicated on the grisaille with a capillary tube (in 1974).
Bay 16 in the nave (south side) was chosen for the Constglass Project. More information about the window is available in the Object-Data by Constglass FhG ISC (bay XVI panel 6, bay XVI panel 7, bay XVI panel 10,
bay XVI panel 11).
A short description about scientific investigations can be reached directly: panel 6, panel 7, panel 10, panel 11.